We have some exciting news! We just learned that in honor of #GivingTuesday, Facebook and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will contribute up to $1 million to Facebook fundraisers. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will provide $1,000,000 in matching funds, up to $1,000 per Facebook fundraiser, and Facebook will waive up to $500,000 of fees on all donations.
How can you help?
As a supporter of Far Away Friends, we’d be honored if you would take this opportunity to reflect upon your commitment to our work by creating a Facebook fundraiser. Your fundraiser could help fund up to $1,000 toward building a dorm for our students in rural Uganda! Creating a fundraiser is easy.
Here’s how to create a fundraiser:
• Click “Create Fundraiser”
• Select from one of three cover photos (or create your own)
• Add a title, tell your story about why YOU care about our students, add an end date and a goal
• Be sure to include #GivingTuesday in your description, then click Create
• From there you can invite friends, share on your News Feed or send a message!
• For inspiration, check out current fundraisers on our page at: https://www.facebook.com/farawayfriends/fundraisers/
How we’re supporting #GivingTuesday
Here’s a little more on what we’re doing this #GivingTuesday and how you can help in other ways.
MAKE A DONATION ON OUR WEBSITE!
- Our donation platform, Classy, is ALSO waiving all transaction fees on any donation we receive on #GivingTuesday. Make a donation directly here on our website OR you can also send a check to our offices at 1968 S. Van Gordon St, Lakewood, CO 80228
LIVE IN FORT COLLINS? Attend our #GivingTuesday Launch Party at Beau Jo's Pizza!
- Have dinner at BeauJo's Pizza in Fort Collins and 20% of every sale will be donated to Far Away Friends in honor of the #WhereWeLive Campaign! Our Development Director (Kaitlyn) and Regional Manager (Siena) will be live streaming on Facebook from the event!
As always, Thank you for your support of Far Away Friends . We are really excited about #GivingTuesday, and hope you will participate in all our year-end activities!
With Tenacious Hope,
Jayme Ward | Executive Director