Opportunity On Tap | THE FINAL DETAILS
We are SO EXCITED to kick off our very first Opportunity On Tap Beer Tasting Gala THIS SATURDAY, June 23 @ 6PM
If you still need to grab your tickets it's not too late! We still have discounted tickets available until Saturday when the price rises to $75/ticket. Grab your discounted tickets while you still can right HERE
Here's the final details for the event, including some frequently asked questions. If you dont see your question answered here, email Jayme directly at Jayme@farawayfriendsglobal.com
WHAT DO I WEAR TO THE GALA?
As much as we love to wear ball gowns and tuxes, we'd rather you be comfortable. Dress code for Opportunity On Tap is "Cocktail Casual". Think more "Wedding Guest" and less "Oscars" when you're getting dressed to impress at the gala.
WHAT WILL I GET TO DO AT THE GALA?
Saturday night will be a time for all of our supporters, both new and long-time friends, to come together and celebrate the incredible work you've helped us achieve in the past four years. Here's what you can expect:
- Opportunity to taste 5 different brews from Denver based Renegade Brewing Company
- Appetizers and Dinner by the outstanding Chef David Diop of The Pikine Grill, Denver's Premier African Food Truck & Catering company
- Dessert by The Bundt Shoppe
- Live Performances by Logo Ligi, a Colorado-based West African drum and dance troupe dedicated to celebrating the style and spirit of traditional West African performance art
- Silent Auction, $20 Wine Pull and a "Mystery Box Raffle"
- Photo Booth, Adult "Beer Pong" and Cornhole games
- Photo Exhibit
- Presentations by Far Away Friends
WHERE SHOULD I PARK?
The Posner Center for International Development is Located on the South/East Corner of 33rd and Arapahoe St. in a residential area. There is a limited parking lot behind the center which is first-come first served. Please park on the street OR event better, take a Lyft or Uber since you'll be enjoying adult beverages.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
Besides yourself and your friends, you'll need:
- YOUR ID (Yes, we will be carding EVERYONE and anyone under 21 will be wearing a wristband and will not be served alcohol)
- Your CARD/CHECKS (We have some incredible items to bid on that you're not going to want to miss. Far Away Friends is a volunteer run organization which means for EVERY CENT you spend at the event, you are making a huge impact on the lives of our students at Global Leaders Primary School in Uganda. Card/Check is our preferred method of payment and will make the check out process much quicker!